Download our 2015 CIO Survey Report and learn how CIOs are redefining their roles in their organizations.
Over the last two years, the study has answered a series of questions, including:
- How is the role of the CIO changing?
- Are CIOs’ priorities yet aligned with a reality in which IT decisions must reflect and directly support business imperatives?
- Are CIOs spending as much time on strategic priorities as they would like to?
This year, we draw on a survey of more than 420 CIOs worldwide to revisit these questions. We assess:
- What progress has been made as CIOs seek to redefine their roles in the face of pressure from line of business colleagues and Shadow IT (the tendency for line of business executives to by-pass CIOs and IT departments in procuring their own IT resources)?
- To what extent have CIOs been able to transform IT departments—by moving away from the traditional cost center model to establish themselves as “internal service providers”—by engaging with line of business and scoping and provisioning new IT services?
We also look at the CIOs’ perceptions, and the rate of adoption, of a series of technologies that can play a vital role in enabling IT departments to operate as service providers – social, mobile, analytics and cloud (SMAC), business intelligence (BI) and software-defined technologies (SDx).
Download the report to find out what CIOs from Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia-Pacific have to say.